Marco Island, Florida
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
5 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
Marco Island is celebrated for the Ten Thousand Islands off its coast and incredible sunset views. The town boasts an immense diversity of wildlife from dolphins to manatees to birds and offers jet ski, catamaran, and boat tours through the environment. Marco Island boasts six miles of beach and over 100 miles of waterways.
The city of Marco Island is located in Collier County, a brief drive from the city of Naples. It is well known for its high quality of life, natural resources, casual atmosphere, and friendly people. Locals boast of luxurious resorts and favorite eateries like CJs on the Bay and Tiki Bar. Visitors enjoy crossing the Jolley Bridge and indulging in fishing, kayaking, or sailing.
Must-sees at Marco Island include the Everglades National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve. There’s no shortage of outdoor options with Caxambas Park, Marco River, Tigertail Beach, and Resident’s Beach.
This Gulf coast area features plenty of water recreation and great local seafood right on the beach. The McNavigators took advantage of a dinner cruise and were entertained by fire dancers. Marco Island is perfect for a fun and adventurous beach trip.
- Cialis Ou Trouver acquista vardenafil Viagra Levitra Differenze
- on October 7, 2017
- Not bicycle friendly. Pushing a bicycle (not riding) on the beach will result in a nice policeman asking for your identification, a written warning, and the threat of a $500 fine unless you leave the sand immediately. Up until recently, throwing a frisbee was illegal on Marco Island. If you are young and active, do not consider Marco Island as a vacation spot. Too many condo-bound busybodies with binoculars ready to call law enforcement to report "serious" crimes such as throwing a football on the beach. Leave the fun at home.
- on August 18, 2017
- The softest sand I have experienced, and great sunsets
- on August 1, 2013
- Marco Island is a hidden gem on the Gulf Coast of Florida. With beautiful beaches, friendly people and gorgeous sunsets, it is one of my favorite small towns in America.
- on September 17, 2012
- I love Marco Island. I have moved here from Pennsylvania, to work at the Marriott. It is the most gorgeous place in the world. It is warm a the time so you can just walk and enjoy the beautiful scenery. We have a gorgeous sunset, and just the view of the entire island itself.
- on September 17, 2012