2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
15 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
1 Votes - "Friendliest"
1 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
Williamsburg houses the history of America’s birth with buildings from the 1600’s, citizens reenacting colonial times, and landmarks representative of our country’s lineage galore. The first chapter of American settlement took place here and today’s locals replicate and share this story with all who come. From the College of William and Mary to reenactments to museums, the journey to independence is captured in every facet of the historic town and cherished by those who have preserved it.
Visitors can see America’s first settlement of Jamestown still being unearthed and venture to Yorktown to experience the full Historic Triangle. The historic district has hundreds of reconstructed buildings and homes spread out over 301 acres.
Among the many attractions are the DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum, the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum, Kimball Theatre, and Bassett Hall. The DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum and the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum are now under one roof, where visitors can peruse American and British antiques from the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries, as well as unique pieces of colonial and contemporary folk art.
Captain and Clark explained, “In Williamsburg, the history of America – your history – is hands on…filled with men and women who burn with a zeal for the U.S. The only thing we found to be more impressive than their patriotism is their warmth.”
- Buy Antibiotics Amoxicillin While Pregnant Dutasteride Avolve cialis Lisinopril Hctz 10 12.5 Mg Tab
- on October 1, 2017
- Viagra Ahnliche Tabletten Cialis Original cialis Kamagra 100 Mgs Amoxicillin And Sun Flonase Pas Cher
- on September 28, 2017
- My family and I LOVED visiting this town on our historical tour of the East Coast during our springbreak, 2013. It gives you the sense of going back in time and seeing what it might have been like when our founding fathers were alive and strategizing over what would eventually become the United States of America. Visiting this town (and the adjacent sites of Jamestown and Yorktown) are a must for any American. It will make you feel proud to be a part of this history.
- on August 28, 2013
- Williamsburg, Virginia brings to life the story of America in a way that is different and more exciting than anyplace else. Voted #1 Family Destination to Discover by TripAdvisor readers and #1 Family Destination by Budget Travel readers, Williamsburg is the birthplace of America, where dedication to our countrys cultural and historical authenticity is predominant, particularly through Colonial Williamsburg, the non-profit Foundation that operates the worlds largest living history museum. With Colonial Williamsburgs Historic Area, special programs and activities, locals and visitors alike can engage in the stories of Americas first citizens and see direct and relevant connections between past and present.
- on September 17, 2012
- It is so cool - the Historic twon is such a great experience, Kdis can do so much and the staff are so helpful
- on September 17, 2012